The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS) v4.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Firepower® Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS). This hands-on course gives you the knowledge and skills to use the platform features and includes firewall security concepts, platform architecture and key features; in-depth event analysis including detection of network-based malware and file type, NGIPS tuning and configuration including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls; Snort® rules language; file and malware inspection, security intelligence, and network analysis policy configuration designed to detect traffic patterns; configuration and deployment of correlation policies to take action based on events detected; troubleshooting; system and user administration tasks, and more.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF), which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Network Security Firepower certifications. The 300-710 SNCF exam has a second preparation course as well, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW). You can take these courses in any order.
Who should attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS in their network environment.
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture.
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and IPS.
What you will learn
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the components of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense and the managed device registration process
- Detail Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) traffic control and configure the Cisco Firepower system for network discovery
- Implement access control policies and describe access control policy advanced features
- Configure security intelligences features and the Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks implementation procedure for file control and advanced malware protection
- Implement and manage intrusion and network analysis policies for NGIPS inspection
- Describe and demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Integrate the Cisco Firepower Management Center with an external logging destination
- Describe and demonstrate the external alerting options available to Cisco Firepower Management Center and configure a correlation policy
- Describe key Cisco Firepower Management Center software update and user account management features
- Identify commonly misconfigured settings within the Cisco Firepower Management Center and use basic commands to troubleshoot a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device
This course will help you:
- Implement Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS to stop threats, address attacks, increase vulnerability prevention against suspicious files, and analyze for not-yet-identified threats
- Gain leading-edge skills for high-demand responsibilities focused on security
For any information regarding the Cisco Continuing Education Program and CE-Credits please visit the designated Cisco website.