This hands-on training course, equivalent to 3 days of training, provides you with the knowledge and skills to achieve competency in deploying, configuring, and managing the VMware NSX-TTM Data Center Federation. This course first introduces you to the architecture of the NSX-T Data Center Federation and then covers all features and functionality offered in the Federation, including the deployment of logical switching, logical routing, and security policies across multiple sites. Finally, the course describes various disaster recovery scenarios for the Federation.
Please note: It may take up to 7 days until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
Network administrators, IT managers, VMware partners, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing the NSX-T Data Center Federation.
Before taking this course, you should complete the VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V3.0] course.
You should also have the following understanding or knowledge:
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
- Knowledge and working experience of computer networking, including switching and routing technologies (L2-L3) and L2-L7 firewall
- Knowledge and working experience of VMware vSphere® environments
The VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (2021) certification is recommended.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the Federation architecture and use cases
- Deploy and configure Global Managers and sites
- Import network components from the Local Manager to a Global Manager
- Describe different topologies and deployment methods
- Describe layer 2 connectivity
- Describe East-West routing
- Describe North-South routing
- Configure security regions, groups, and rules
- Describe various Disaster Recovery scenarios