This course, equivalent to 5 days of training, provides you with the skills to build a private cloud using VMware® Integrated OpenStack on a proven VMware SDDC. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs, this course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Integrated OpenStack. You learn how to offer IaaS and PaaS with advanced networking and security features to end users using VMware Integrated OpenStack.
Please note: It may take up to 7 days until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
Cloud architects, systems engineers, data center administrators, and cloud administrators with experience in a service provider or managed services environment.
This course requires the completion of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] or equivalent knowledge
- VMware Integrated OpenStack Fundamentals [V6]
- VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals 
Substantial knowledge of Linux administration and TCP/IP networking is helpful
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe how VMware Integrated OpenStack fits into the VMware SDDC and its use cases
- List the deployment options and how to install VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe the architecture of VMware Integrated OpenStack and its components
- Configure tenancy and manage user authentication
- Integrate the OpenStack Neutron Networking service with VMware NSX-T™ Data Center networking platform
- Deploy and manage virtual machine instances
- Monitor VMware Integrated OpenStack with OpenStack monitoring services
- Design an auto-scale, multitier application using built-in automation tools
- Manage a VMware Integrated OpenStack control plane using Kubernetes
- Use the HTML5 Web UI and CLI commands to view and edit the configuration, monitor log files, and view database tables used by VMware Integrated OpenStack components