This three-day course provides students with introductory knowledge of how to automate Junos using DevOps automation tools, protocols, and technologies. Students receive hands-on experience with tools and languages relevant to automating the Junos OS platform in a DevOps environment.
The course includes an introduction to the basic DevOps practices, Junos APIs, and NETCONF. It then focuses on using Python, PyEZ, Ansible, and REST API to automate Junos. XML, JSON, and YAML are introduced as these languages facilitate Junos automation. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in automating the Junos operating system and device operations.
This course uses Junos OS Release 18.1R1, Junos PyEZ 2.1, and Ansible 2.5
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
• Basic understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite;
• Basic understanding of computer networking concepts.
What you will learn
• Describe the Junos operating system and its basic design architecture.
• Explain traffic processing for transit and exception traffic.
• Describe the Junos CLI and its features.
• List and perform initial configuration tasks.
• Describe interface types and perform basic interface configuration tasks.
• Describe DevOps principles and practices.
• Explain how DevOps can benefit an IT organization.
• List and describe the various APIs Junos provides for automation.
• Discuss various frameworks, libraries and tools available to automate Junos devices.
• Read Junos XML documents.
• Use XPath to navigate a Junos XML document.
• Use NETCONF and the XML API to issue RPCs.
• Use NETCONF and the XML API to configure a Junos device.
• Understand JSON syntax.
• Understand YAML syntax.
• Create JSON and YAML documents.
• Perform Ansible installation.
• Retrieve information from Junos devices using Ansible.
• Use Ansible to configure Junos devices.
• Create and execute simple Python scripts.
• Use the Python interactive interpreter.
• Install Junos PyEZ.
• Use PyEZ to connect to Junos devices.
• Use PyEZ to issue RPCs.
• Use PyEZ to modify a Junos device configuration.
• Use PyEZ to upgrade Junos devices.
• Describe basic PyEZ exception handling.
• Describe the capabilities of the Junos REST API.
• Use the Junos REST API Explorer.
• Issue Junos REST API RPCs.
It can take up to 48 hours (working days) before this course can be made available.