This online course describes the features and benefits of NetApp® ONTAP® 9 data management software. The course enables you to explain the architecture and functionality of an ONTAP cluster. You also learn the basics of how to administer, configure, and manage an ONTAP cluster.
The ONTAP Cluster Fundamentals course is designed for cluster administrators of any experience level. A pre-assessment enables you to determine your knowledge of ONTAP software. When you complete the pre-assessment, the results recommend the modules on which you should focus. The course also includes a final assessment.
Who should attend
NetApp customers, partners, and employees
A basic knowledge of storage networking.
What you will learn
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Describe the components of a cluster and its features
- Discuss how to manage cluster setup, storage provisioning, and data protection
- Explain the networks, ports, IPspaces, broadcast domains, and network interfaces that the clusters use
- Explain storage VMs (storage virtual machines, also known as SVMs) and how FlexVol volumes provide flexibility in managing data
- Describe the tools and features that are used to identify and resolve cluster issues
Please note: In case you do not have an user account with NetApp yet, you need to register first. It may take several hours until your new account with NetApp will be confirmed.