A developer introduction to building and managing containers with Podman for deploying applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman (DO188) introduces students to building, running, and managing containers with Podman and Red Hat OpenShift. This course helps students build the core skills for developing containerized applications through hands-on experience. These skills can be applied using all versions of OpenShift, including Red Hat OpenShift on AWS (ROSA), Azure Red Hat OpenShift (ARO), and OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8, Podman 4.2 and Red Hat OpenShift® 4.12.
Please note: It may take up to 48 hours until the access to this e-learning is provided.
Who should attend
- Developers and Site Reliability Engineers that are new to container technology.
- Some experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies.
- Experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting is recommended.
What you will learn
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Introduction to containers
- Run containers with Podman CLI and Podman Desktop
- Build custom container images
- Manage container images
- Remote debugging with containers
- Basic container networking
- Persist data with containers
- Run multi-container applications
- Troubleshoot Container Deployments
- Orchestrate containers with OpenShift and Kubernetes