This course teaches experienced authors advanced report building techniques to enhance, customize, manage, and distribute reports. Additionally, the student will learn how to create highly interactive and engaging reports that can be run offline by creating Active Reports.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
Who should attend
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Previous experience building reports with IBM Cognos Analytics V11.1.x, or you have taken the IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (V11.1.x) course.
What you will learn
- Create query models
- Create reports based on query relationships
- Introduction to dimensional reporting concepts
- Introduction to dimensional data in reports
- Dimensional report context
- Focus your dimensional data
- Calculations and dimensional functions
- Create advanced dynamic reports
- Design effective prompts
- Examine the report specification
- Distribute reports
- Enhance user interaction with HTML
- Introduction to IBM Cognos Active Reports
- Active Report charts and decks