This two-day course provides students with intermediate routing knowledge and configuration examples. The course includes an overview of protocol-independent routing features, load balancing and filter-based forwarding, OSPF, BGP, IP tunneling, and high availability (HA) features. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations.
This course uses Juniper Networks vSRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS.
This course is based on Junos OS Release 18.2R1.9.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
What you will learn
• Describe typical uses of static, aggregate, and generated routes.
• Configure and monitor static, aggregate, and generated routes.
• Explain the purpose of Martian routes and add new entries to the default list.
• Describe typical uses of routing instances.
• Configure and share routes between routing instances.
• Describe load-balancing concepts and operations.
• Implement and monitor Layer 3 load balancing.
• Illustrate benefits of filter-based forwarding.
• Configure and monitor filter-based forwarding.
• Explain the operations of OSPF.
• Describe the role of the designated router.
• List and describe OSPF area types.
• Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot OSPF.
• Describe BGP and its basic operations.
• Name and describe common BGP attributes.
• List the steps in the BGP route selection algorithm.
• Describe BGP peering options and the default route advertisement rules.
• Configure and monitor BGP.
• Describe IP tunneling concepts and applications.
• Configure and monitor GRE and IP-IP tunnels.
• Describe various high availability features supported by the Junos OS.
• Configure and monitor some of the highlighted high availability features
It can take up to 48 hours (working days) before this course can be made available.